These appetizers are easy to assemble, appealing and colorful, with a touch of paprika on top. They bake up crispy and, served warm, are always a hit at a party.
- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 loaf (1 pound) sliced sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place asparagus on paper towels; pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese sauce and mayonnaise. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin. Spread cheese mixture over each to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top each with 2 pieces of asparagus; roll up. Brush with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Asparagus Roll-Ups in Reminisce August/September 2011, p51
Reviews for Cheese Asparagus Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2012
"I've made these with cream cheese & chives plenty of times. I never thought of using process cheese and mayo, sounds delicious. Next time I make these it will be this recipe. Thank you...I know I will like them."