- 1 pound fresh asparagus, trimmed
- 1 jar (8 ounces) process cheese sauce
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 loaf (1 pound) sliced sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- Place asparagus in a steamer basket; place in a large saucepan over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 3-5 minutes or until crisp-tender. Place asparagus on paper towels; pat dry.
- In a small bowl, combine cheese sauce and mayonnaise. Flatten bread slices with a rolling pin. Spread cheese mixture over each to within 1/2 in. of edges. Top each with 2 pieces of asparagus; roll up. Brush with butter; sprinkle with paprika.
- Place in an ungreased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 350° for 5-8 minutes or until lightly browned. Serve warm. Yield: 14 servings.
Originally published as Cheese Asparagus Roll-Ups in Reminisce August/September 2011, p51
Reviews for Cheese Asparagus Roll-Ups
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 29, 2012
I've made these with cream cheese & chives plenty of times. I never thought of using process cheese and mayo, sounds delicious. Next time I make these it will be this recipe. Thank you...I know I will like them.
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Asparagus Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Easy Appetizers >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- New Year's Appetizers >
- New Year's Recipes >
- Party Appetizers >
- Potluck Appetizers >
- Potluck Recipes >
- Potluck Vegetarian Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Appetizers >