Cheese and Sausage Appetizers Recipe
- 16 ounces (4 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black or cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces pork sausage, cooked and drained
- 1. In large bowl, beat the cheese, butter, flour, salt and pepper on medium-low speed. Stir in cooked sausage. Form dough into 1-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheet.
- 2. Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator or freezer. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen appetizers.
3 each: 208 calories, 16g fat (10g saturated fat), 48mg cholesterol, 304mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 6g protein.
Reviews for Cheese and Sausage Appetizers
"I cut out most of the butter -added a couple of teaspoons and added a little more sausage - this seemed to take care of the greasy effect. Love these"
"Served at a holiday party and they were enjoyed by all. You can make a dipping sauce for them, also. They do need to be served and eaten while hot, because they can get a little greasy when cool."
"VERY good appetizers! A little greasy, but they taste so delicious. They get cold quickly, so meant to be eaten immediately with no leftovers."
"This is one of my regular staples for the the holidays, they always disappear from the plate by evenings end."
"I made these for a gathering and everyone loved them. I brought them in to work and have had several people ask for the recipe. I think I'll try it with turkey sausage next time. I am also considering using mini muffin pans to help keep their shape."
"i loved it"
"I was not too crazy about these. We ate them but I would probably never make them again."
"I must have done something wrong. There was too much butter and too much cheese. These just melted into pancakes in my oven. I don't think I will try again."