I got this recipe from a home economics instructor when I was teaching in Oklahoma. I think it represents the Southwest because of its spicy flavor. It can be used as an appetizer before a Mexican meal or served as a snack.
- 16 ounces (4 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black or cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces pork sausage, cooked and drained
- In large bowl, beat the cheese, butter, flour, salt and pepper on medium-low speed. Stir in cooked sausage. Form dough into 1-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator or freezer. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen appetizers.
Originally published as Cheese and Sausage Appetizers in Country February/March 1991, p49
Reviews for Cheese and Sausage Appetizers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review