Cheese and Sausage Appetizers Recipe
- 16 ounces (4 cups) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black or cayenne pepper
- 8 ounces Jimmy Dean® Premium Pork Sausage Roll, cooked and drained
- In large bowl, beat the cheese, butter, flour, salt and pepper on medium-low speed. Stir in cooked sausage. Form dough into 1-in. balls; place on ungreased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm or cold. Store in refrigerator or freezer. Yield: about 5-1/2 dozen appetizers.
Reviews for Cheese and Sausage Appetizers
Sort By :
"VERY good appetizers! A little greasy, but they taste so delicious. They get cold quickly, so meant to be eaten immediately with no leftovers."
"This is one of my regular staples for the the holidays, they always disappear from the plate by evenings end."
"I made these for a gathering and everyone loved them. I brought them in to work and have had several people ask for the recipe. I think I'll try it with turkey sausage next time. I am also considering using mini muffin pans to help keep their shape."
"i loved it"
"I was not too crazy about these. We ate them but I would probably never make them again."