Cheese and Potato Casserole Recipe
EVEN THOUGH my family is grown and gone, I still like to make mashed potatoes. I came up with this variation a long time ago, thinking that it would be a change of pace. It became number one on my family's request list. It's also simple to make in larger quantities if needed. -Margaret Draughon, Clinton, North Carolina
- 1-1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup french-fried onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1. In a bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, milk and garlic powder; mix well. Spoon half into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Layer with half of the onions and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 527 calories, 35 g fat (21 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 848 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 11 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC