EVEN THOUGH my family is grown and gone, I still like to make mashed potatoes. I came up with this variation a long time ago, thinking that it would be a change of pace. It became number one on my family's request list. It's also simple to make in larger quantities if needed. -Margaret Draughon, Clinton, North Carolina
- 1-1/2 cups hot mashed potatoes (prepared with milk and butter)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 to 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 cup french-fried onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a bowl, combine potatoes, sour cream, milk and garlic powder; mix well. Spoon half into a greased 1-qt. baking dish. Layer with half of the onions and cheese. Repeat layers. Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 30-35 minutes or until the cheese is melted. Yield: 2 servings.
Originally published as Creamy Potato Casserole in Reminisce November/December 1999, p49
Reviews for Cheese and Potato Casserole
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 28, 2009
"My family loves this recipe. It's a good recipe to put a spin on typical mashed potatoes. To make it even faster I've used instant potatoes."