Cheese and Onion Potatoes
Don't let the basic ingredients fool you-this recipe has anything but ordinary taste. The hearty potatoes have a wonderful cheesy flavor and practically melt in your mouth.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 medium unpeeled red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the
- potatoes, onion and pepper; toss to coat. Cover and cook for 8-10
- minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally.
- Uncover; cook until potatoes are browned, about 6 minutes.
- Top with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 2-3
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 221 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.