Cheese and Onion Potatoes Recipe
Don't let the basic ingredients fool you—this recipe has anything but ordinary taste. The hearty potatoes have a wonderful cheesy flavor and practically melt in your mouth. —Lois McCutchan, Monticello, Missouri
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 medium unpeeled red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, onion and pepper; toss to coat. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook until potatoes are browned, about 6 minutes.
- 2. Top with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
1 serving (1 cup) equals 221 calories, 14 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 41 mg cholesterol, 179 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese and Onion Potatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC