- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 4 medium unpeeled red potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons dried minced onion
- Pepper to taste
- 1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- Minced fresh parsley
- In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Add the potatoes, onion and pepper; toss to coat. Cover and cook for 8-10 minutes or until potatoes are tender, stirring occasionally. Uncover; cook until potatoes are browned, about 6 minutes.
- Top with cheese. Remove from the heat. Cover and let stand for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melted. Garnish with parsley. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Cheese and Onion Potatoes
"This was good and pretty easy. Think I'll add more cheese next time because.....well....cheese!"
"The potatoes are great...served with sour cream. I also used Onion Soup Mix instead of minced onions...probably 2-3 Tablespoons."
"Quick and easy. I, too, used chopped onion and added salt. I'll make this again."
"This would also work great with Swiss or Jarlsberg or even Guyere cheese too.... and put some crisp bacon crunched up on top of it. These potatoes would also be great layered with cooked diced or chunked ham Ok, Now I'm hungry. :-)"
"Wonderful recipe! Easy to make with ingredients I always have on hand. I substituted 2T of Lipton Onion soup mix instead of the minced onion. My husband asked for a bit more of the onion soup mix next time. Its an easy recipe to adapt to likes of all."
"Who knew such an easy recipe would be so good! I substituted half the butter for olive oil and didn't have cheddar so I used Parmesan which worked wonderfully. This was a hit and I will definitely be making it again!"
"Hubby and granddaughter loved this. Followed the recipe exactly."
"This recipe is easy to make and delicious.My family loved it. I did add some diced onion. Also fried three slices of bacon to use in lieu of half the butter. Crumbled the bacon and added it to the potatoes for added flavor."
"This was wonderful. It was so quick and easy. I recommend adding just a little bit of salt during cooking."
"This make a excellent dish. (I used diced onions instead of minced onions)."