Cheese and Onion Breadsticks Recipe
Homemade breadsticks don't get any easier than these cheesy gems with a hint of garlic from our Test Kitchen. For a fancier look, try twisting the dough before baking.
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, cheese, onion and garlic powder. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll into a 4-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Cut lengthwise into four strips. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Yield: 4 breadsticks.
1 each: 108 calories, 6g fat (3g saturated fat), 13mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 10g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 0g fiber), 3g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 0 starch, 1 fat.
Reviews for Cheese and Onion Breadsticks
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2011
"Not that great."
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC