Cheese and Onion Breadsticks
Homemade breadsticks don't get any easier than these cheesy gems with a hint of garlic from our Test Kitchen. For a fancier look, try twisting the dough before baking.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, cheese, onion and
- garlic powder. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10
- times. Roll into a 4-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Cut lengthwise into four
- strips. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with
- butter. Yield: 4 breadsticks.
Nutritional Facts: 1 breadstick equals 108 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 249 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 fat, 1/2 starch.