Homemade breadsticks don't get any easier than these cheesy gems with a hint of garlic from our Test Kitchen. For a fancier look, try twisting the dough before baking.
- 1/2 cup biscuit/baking mix
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 green onion, finely chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons butter, melted
- In a small bowl, combine the biscuit mix, milk, cheese, onion and garlic powder. Turn onto a lightly floured surface; knead 8-10 times. Roll into a 4-in. x 6-in. rectangle. Cut lengthwise into four strips. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray.
- Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Brush with butter. Yield: 4 breadsticks.
Originally published as Cheesy Onion Breadsticks in Cooking for 2 Summer 2009, p47
Reviews for Cheese and Onion Breadsticks
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 8, 2011
"Not that great."