- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken breast, thawed and chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine onion and garlic. Cover and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until onion is tender, stirring twice. Stir in the chicken, cream cheese, green chilies, broth, chili powder and cumin. Cover and microwave on high for 45-90 seconds or until cream cheese is melted, stirring twice.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in an ungreased microwave-safe 8-in. square dish.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the process cheese, 1/4 cup tomato and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until cheese is melted, stirring twice; drizzle over enchiladas. Top with remaining tomato. Microwave enchiladas, uncovered, on high for 45-90 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas
"I did not care for this at all. I think I prefer a more traditional enchilada."
"Yes, the salad of corn and black olives that you see is a side dish pictured with the enchiladas. The recipe is called Confetti Corn Salad and can also be found on our website if you would like to check it out. Hope you enjoy!"
"MaineCooker I believe the olives & corn are part of a side dish on the plate but I've emailed the Test Kitchen for confirmation."
"Just discovered this reciepe... Sounds like something my family might like... but am a bit confused. The photo obviously shows corn and black olives among other ingredients, but neither of those are included in the list of ingredients ????Wrong photo or incomplete reciepe?Thanks for clarifying...."
"Our whole family loved it!!!!"