This Southwestern favorite relies on the microwave to make fast work out of dinner. Easy and mild, they're perfect for the whole family. -Christine Taylor of Greenfield, Wisconsin
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 package (9 ounces) frozen diced cooked chicken breast, thawed and chopped
- 4 ounces cream cheese, cubed
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chilies
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 6 flour tortillas (8 inches), warmed
- 4 ounces process cheese (Velveeta), cubed
- 1/2 cup diced fresh tomato, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- In a large microwave-safe bowl, combine onion and garlic. Cover and microwave on high for 30-60 seconds or until onion is tender, stirring twice. Stir in the chicken, cream cheese, green chilies, broth, chili powder and cumin. Cover and microwave on high for 45-90 seconds or until cream cheese is melted, stirring twice.
- Spoon about 1/3 cup down the center of each tortilla. Roll up and place seam side down in an ungreased microwave-safe 8-in. square dish.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine the process cheese, 1/4 cup tomato and milk. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 30-60 seconds or until cheese is melted, stirring twice; drizzle over enchiladas. Top with remaining tomato. Microwave enchiladas, uncovered, on high for 45-90 seconds or until heated through. Yield: 3 servings.
Originally published as Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas in Simple & Delicious September/October 2008, p22
Sweet White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a sweet white wine such as Moscato or a sweet Riesling.
Reviews for Cheese and Chicken Enchiladas
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review