- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup water, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine carrots and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until tender. Add broccoli. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes; stir. Cover and cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper; stir in remaining water until smooth. Stir into broccoli mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 6-7 minutes or until mixture is boiling and thickened, stirring every minute. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Cheese Soup in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p57
Reviews for Cheese and Broccoli Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jan. 26, 2013
"Its just "ok"...I added fettucine noodle too."
Reviewed Oct. 8, 2012
"Very yummy soup!! Did it on the stove too."
Reviewed Oct. 17, 2010
"I love this recipe! Although, I do cook mine on the stove !"