This is a colorful soup! The orange carrots contrast nicely with the green broccoli. It's made in the microwave. -Jean Pare`, Vermilion, Alberta
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 cup water, divided
- 1 package (16 ounces) frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 2-1/2 cups milk
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- In a 2-qt. microwave-safe dish, combine carrots and 2 tablespoons water. Cover and microwave on high for 2 minutes; stir. Cover and cook 2 minutes longer or until tender. Add broccoli. Cover and microwave for 2 minutes; stir. Cover and cook 1 to 1-1/2 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Stir in milk.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, bouillon, salt and pepper; stir in remaining water until smooth. Stir into broccoli mixture. Cover and microwave on high for 6-7 minutes or until mixture is boiling and thickened, stirring every minute. Stir in cheese until melted. Yield: 4-5 servings.
Originally published as Broccoli Cheese Soup in Taste of Home August/September 2000, p57
Reviews for Cheese and Broccoli Soup
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review