Cheese 'n' Pasta in a Pot Recipe
- 2 pounds ground turkey or beef
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jar (14 ounces) spaghetti sauce
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes
- 1 can (4 ounces) mushroom stems and pieces, drained
- 8 ounces uncooked medium pasta shells
- 2 cups (16 ounces) sour cream, divided
- 6 ounces sliced provolone cheese
- 6 ounces sliced part-skim mozzarella cheese
- In a large skillet, cook the beef, onion and garlic over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Stir in the spaghetti sauce, tomatoes and mushrooms. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, uncovered, for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, cook pasta according to package directions; drain and rinse with cold water. Spoon half of shells into an ovenproof Dutch oven. Layer with half of the meat mixture. Spread with 1 cup sour cream; top with provolone cheese. Layer with remaining pasta, meat mixture and sour cream; top with mozzarella cheese.
- Cover and bake at 350° for 30-40 minutes or until bubbly and heated through. Yield: 8-10 servings.
Originally published as Cheese 'n' Pasta in a Pot in Country Ground Beef 1993, p39
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Cheese 'n' Pasta in a Pot
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Aug. 22, 2011
this was quite good for being so easy and fast i will def be making it again thanks for sharing