Cheese 'n' Grits Casserole Recipe
- 4 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked old-fashioned grits
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup 2% milk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon paprika
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a large saucepan, bring water to a boil. Slowly stir in grits and salt. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 5-7 minutes or until thickened. Cool slightly. Gradually whisk in milk, butter and eggs. Stir in cheese, Worcestershire sauce and cayenne.
- 2. Transfer to a greased 2-qt. baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika. Bake, uncovered, 30-35 minutes or until bubbly. Let stand 10 minutes before serving. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup equals 202 calories, 12 g fat (7 g saturated fat), 86 mg cholesterol, 335 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese 'n' Grits Casserole
"This was the first time I made cheese grits. WOW what a great recipe--"
"These grits were so very flavorful, and the best part was I didn't have to stand at the stove and stir them as long as the cheesy grits recipe I normally use. My grits were a bit soupy even after letting them stand for 10 minutes, but I was using a Pampered Chef stone baking dish, so maybe it needed to cool longer. Next time I'll just use a glass dish."
"I sprinkled some extra cheese on top...yum! I used sharp cheddar."