Cheese 'n' Egg Pizza Squares
With an easy homemade crust, this family-pleasing pizza makes a delightfully different breakfast for Christmas. It's hard to stop at one slice!
10-12 ServingsPrep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water; let stand
- for 5 minutes. Add the salt, milk powder and 1-1/2 cups flour; mix
- well. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let
- rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking
- pan. Combine the eggs, cheese, chives and garlic salt; pour over
- crust. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut
- into squares. Yield: 10-12 servings.