- 1 package (1/4 ounce) active dry yeast
- 1-1/2 teaspoons sugar
- 1-1/4 cups warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1-1/4 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon nonfat dry milk powder
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Muenster or Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- In a large bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Add the salt, milk powder and 1-1/2 cups flour; mix well. Stir in enough remaining flour to form a soft dough. Do not knead.
- Place in a greased bowl, turning once to grease top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- Punch dough down. Press into a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Combine the eggs, cheese, chives and garlic salt; pour over crust. Bake at 350° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cut into squares. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cheese 'n' Egg Pizza Squares in Country Woman Christmas Annual 2007, p27
Reviews for Cheese 'n' Egg Pizza Squares
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review