- 1/2 pound Johnsonville® Hot Italian Sausage Links
- 4 shallots, chopped
- 1 package (14.1 ounces) refrigerated pie pastry
- 2/3 cup dried apricots, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup peach preserves
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2/3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup finely chopped walnuts
- In a large skillet, cook sausage and shallots over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink; drain.
- On a lightly floured surface, unroll pastries. Cut with a floured 2-1/2-in. round cookie cutter. Press circles onto the bottom and up the sides of greased miniature muffin cups; set aside.
- In a large saucepan, combine the apricots, preserves and vinegar. Cook and stir over medium heat until apricots are softened. Remove from the heat; stir in sausage mixture. In a small bowl, combine the cheeses.
- Spoon 3/4 teaspoon cheese mixture into each pastry-lined muffin cup; top with 1 tablespoon sausage-fruit mixture. Sprinkle with nuts. Bake at 425° for 12-14 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Serve warm. Yield: about 2-1/2 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese & Sausage Pastry Poppers in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2011, p13
Reviews for Cheese & Sausage Pastry Poppers
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Appetizers >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Cream Cheese Recipes >
- Finger Food Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- Hors d'oeuvre Recipes >
- Hot Appetizer Recipes >
- Hot Finger Food Recipes >
- Low Carb Appetizers >
- Low Carb Recipes >
- Low Fat Appetizers >
- Low Fat Recipes >