Guests can't resist this creamy, cheesy goodness presented in a sourdough bowl. I guarantee that the warm sausage and cheese dip will be the first appetizer to disappear at your next party. —Nadine Mesch, Mount Healthy, Ohio
Recommended: 66 Recipes for Super Bowl Snacks
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 loaf (1 pound) sourdough bread
- 1 pound Jones Dairy Farm All Natural Pork Sausage Roll
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 package (8 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- Baked pita chips
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cut a thin slice off top of bread loaf. Hollow out bottom of loaf, leaving a 1/2-in.-thick shell. Cut removed bread into cubes; reserve.
- In a large skillet, cook and crumble sausage with onion and pepper over medium heat until sausage is no longer pink and vegetables are tender, 6-8 minutes; drain.
- In a bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Beat in sour cream and Worcestershire sauce until creamy. Stir in cheeses and basil. Add sausage mixture; pour into bread bowl. Replace top; wrap in foil. Bake until heated through, about 30 minutes.
- Serve with bread cubes and pita chips. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Cheese & Sausage Bread Bowl Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2017, p232