Cheese & Red Pepper Latkes Recipe
These zesty latkes combine three cheeses with a handful of garlic and a colorful burst of red peppers. Shred the potatoes the night before to make dinner easier. —Christine Montalvo, Windsor Heights, Iowa
- 3 large onions, finely chopped
- 3 medium sweet red peppers, finely chopped
- 1/3 cup butter, cubed
- 18 medium garlic cloves, minced, divided
- 1 tablespoon celery salt
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground pepper
- 3 pounds russet potatoes, peeled and shredded
- 1-1/2 cups grated Parmesan cheese
- 1-1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Galbani® Part Skim Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 3/4 cup canola oil
- Minced fresh parsley
- 1. In a large skillet, saute onions and red peppers in butter until tender. Add 1/4 cup garlic, celery salt and pepper; cook 1 minute longer.
- 2. Transfer to a large bowl. Add the potatoes, cheeses, flour, sour cream and remaining garlic; mix well.
- 3. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Drop batter by 1/4 cupfuls into oil; press lightly to flatten. Fry in batches until golden brown on both sides, using remaining oil as needed. Drain on paper towels. Sprinkle with parsley. Yield: 3 dozen.
3 potato pancakes equals 451 calories, 30 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 53 mg cholesterol, 699 mg sodium, 32 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 13 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC