Cheese & Pumpkin-Filled Manicotti
Our family adores autumn and anything to do with pumpkins! We all love this recipe because it is warm and comforting. It's so easy to put together on a cool fall evening after a day of work or raking leaves. —Mandy Howison, Renfrew Pennsylvania
7 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garlic spaghetti sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook manicotti shells according to package
- directions for al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese,
- pumpkin, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks and nutmeg. Spoon into
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top
- with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top;
- sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, covered, 25-30
- minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Wine: This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa