Cheese & Pumpkin-Filled Manicotti Recipe
Our family adores autumn and anything to do with pumpkins! We all love this recipe because it is warm and comforting. It's so easy to put together on a cool fall evening after a day of work or raking leaves. —Mandy Howison, Renfrew Pennsylvania
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garlic Ragú® Old World Style® Traditional, divided
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Cook manicotti shells according to package directions for al dente. Drain.
- 2. In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, pumpkin, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks and nutmeg. Spoon into manicotti.
- 3. Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, covered, 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC