Our family adores autumn and anything to do with pumpkins! We all love this recipe because it is warm and comforting. It's so easy to put together on a cool fall evening after a day of work or raking leaves. —Mandy Howison, Renfrew Pennsylvania
- 1 package (8 ounces) manicotti shells
- 1 container (15 ounces) ricotta cheese
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese, divided
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 jar (24 ounces) garlic spaghetti sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350°. Cook manicotti shells according to package directions for al dente. Drain.
- In a large bowl, mix ricotta cheese, 1 cup mozzarella cheese, pumpkin, Parmesan cheese, egg yolks and nutmeg. Spoon into manicotti.
- Spread 1 cup spaghetti sauce into a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with stuffed manicotti. Pour remaining spaghetti sauce over top; sprinkle with remaining mozzarella cheese. Bake, covered, 25-30 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 7 servings.
Originally published as Cheese & Pumpkin-Filled Manicotti in Country Woman October/November 2013, p39
Medium-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a medium-bodied red wine such as Chianti, Sangiovese, Malbec or Zinfandel.
Reviews for Cheese & Pumpkin-Filled Manicotti
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review