- Place flour and eggs in separate shallow bowls. In another shallow
- bowl, combine bread crumbs and Romano cheese. Dip chicken in the
- flour, eggs, and then coat with bread crumb mixture.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil in batches. Place seam side
- down in a greased 11-in. x 7-in. baking dish. Bake, uncovered, at
- 350° for 35-40 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads
- In a small saucepan, heat cream and shallot over medium heat until
- bubbles form around sides of pan. Stir in the Gorgonzola cheese,
- salt and pepper. Cook for 4-6 minutes or until cheese is melted,
- stirring occasionally.
- Discard toothpicks. Drizzle chicken with sauce; sprinkle with minced
- basil. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 stuffed chicken breast half with 1/4 cup sauce equals 757 calories, 55 g fat (27 g saturated fat), 307 mg cholesterol, 1,111 mg sodium, 16 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 50 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.