Biscuits always liven up a meal, especially when they’re golden brown and filled with pesto, garlic and cheese for extra zip. —Liz Bellville, Jacksonville, North Carolina
Recommended: 50 Kid-Friendly Meals (That Aren't Chicken Nuggets)
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk and pesto until blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix melted butter and garlic; brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Originally published as Cheese & Pesto Biscuits in Taste of Home November 2014, p80
Reviews for Cheese & Pesto Biscuits
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 26, 2014
"These were easy to make and really good! I even skipped the melted butter step and just added garlic powder to the mixture. Kids liked them too!"