- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold butter, cubed
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon prepared pesto
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- Preheat oven to 450°. In a large bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda. Cut in butter until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Stir in cheese. In a small bowl, whisk buttermilk and pesto until blended; stir into flour mixture just until moistened.
- Drop dough by 1/4 cupfuls 2 in. apart onto an ungreased baking sheet. Bake 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.
- Mix melted butter and garlic; brush over biscuits. Serve warm. Yield: 1 dozen.
Reviews for Cheese & Pesto Biscuits
"My husband loved these! They are so quick and easy! He likes them almost as much as the red lobster version. Nice twist with the pesto!"
"These were easy to make and really good! I even skipped the melted butter step and just added garlic powder to the mixture. Kids liked them too!"