My young kids will eat parsnips in this dish! Everyone who tastes it loves the rich, slightly smoky flavor. —Jim Rude, Janesville, Wisconsin
- 2 medium Yukon Gold potatoes
- 4 small red potatoes
- 3 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 bacon strips, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- 1/2 cup shredded Havarti cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, warmed
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 2 tablespoons crumbled blue cheese
- Scrub potatoes and cut into 1-in. pieces; place in a large bowl. Add the parsnips, bacon, butter, salt, seasoned salt and pepper; toss to coat.
- Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake at 425° for 40-45 minutes or until parsnips are tender, stirring once.
- In a large bowl, mash the potato mixture with Havarti cheese, Parmesan cheese, cream and chives. Stir in blue cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheese & Parsnip Mashed Potatoes in Taste of Home June/July 2009, p62
Reviews for Cheese & Parsnip Mashed Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review