Cheese & Onion French Bread Recipe
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2/3 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped green onions
- 1 loaf (1 pound) unsliced French bread, halved lengthwise
- 1. In a small bowl, combine the cheese blend, mayonnaise, Parmesan cheese and onions; spread over cut sides of bread.
- 2. Place on an ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 16 servings.
1 piece equals 200 calories, 11 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 14 mg cholesterol, 359 mg sodium, 17 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
Reviews for Cheese & Onion French Bread
"Very good recipe. I had added about 1/4 C melted butter and drained Jalepenos to give it a little bit of a kick. I served it with a soup and salad. Also as an appetizer."
"Delicious! I have been making this bread for several years and my family loves it every time! I have shared this recipe many times!!!"
"This is a must have at every family event we just love it"
"I made this for an Italian dinner party...it was the hit of the night!"
"Low-fat mayo is the key to cut down on the richness."
"I found this recipe over 5 years ago in one of the hard cover Taste of Home recipe books. My family loves it."
"Good bread. Went well with chicken alfredo."
"I used more cheese & more mayo & this bread was delicious! Everyone loved it, even my 2 year old! Definatly a keeper!"
"This is delicious and so easy to make! I served it at a party yesterday and I got tons of compliments and requests for the recipe. I will definitely serve this again and again!!"
"I use only 1/3 cup Mayo we thought 2/3 made it a little too rich. This is a big hit and I make it all the time!"