This Italian skillet toss is an awesome way to use up extra spaghetti sauce at the end of the week. It fits right in on Friday pizza night. —Clare Butler, Little Elm, Texas
Featured In: 38 Cast-Iron Skillet Recipes
VERIFIED BY Taste of Home Test Kitchen
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons water
- 2 tablespoons plus 1 teaspoon olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 25 slices pepperoni
- 1 jar (4-1/2 ounces) sliced mushrooms, drained
- 1 can (2-1/4 ounces) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded part-skim mozzarella cheese
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, whisk flour, baking powder, oregano and salt. Stir in water and 2 tablespoons oil to form a soft dough. Turn onto a floured surface; knead 6-8 times. Roll into a 12-in. circle.
- Brush bottom of a 12-in. ovenproof skillet with remaining oil; place over medium-high heat. Transfer dough to pan; cook 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Remove from heat. Spread with pizza sauce; top with pepperoni, mushrooms, olives and cheese.
- Broil 3-4 in. from heat 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 slices.
Originally published as Cheese & Mushroom Skillet Pizza in Simple & Delicious February/March 2015
Reviews forCheese & Mushroom Skillet Pizza
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review