Cheese & Herb Potato Fans
On top of tasting great, this is a downright fun way to make and serve potatoes. The fresh herbs, butter and cheeses are just what a good potato needs.—Susan Curry, West Hills, California
8 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 55 min.
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons each minced fresh chives, sage and thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°. With a sharp knife, cut each potato into
- 1/8-in. slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom; fan potatoes
- slightly and place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small
- bowl, mix butter, salt and pepper; drizzle over potatoes.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until potatoes are tender. In a small bowl,
- toss cheeses with herbs; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake about 5
- minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 potato equals 318 calories, 15 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 43 mg cholesterol, 797 mg sodium, 39 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 8 g protein.