- 8 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons each minced fresh chives, sage and thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°. With a sharp knife, cut each potato into 1/8-in. slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom; fan potatoes slightly and place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix butter, salt and pepper; drizzle over potatoes.
- Bake, uncovered, 50-55 minutes or until potatoes are tender. In a small bowl, toss cheeses with herbs; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheese & Herb Potato Fans
Sort By :
"I was looking for some new side dishes to try and these potatoes caught my eye. I loved the presentation and though I am actually not a big fan of potatoes, just had to give them a try.Having read the comments I got the idea to microwave the potatoes part of the way, because I was a little low on cooking time. That worked great and then I baked them for about 20 minutes. I then put them under the broiler for a couple of minutes to crisp up the edges, as I had seen where someone had done that. It worked well.My only complaint was that I couldn't taste the herbs very well. I had actually mixed them in with the melted butter and poured them onto the potatoes before they went into the oven, thinking that the herb flavorings would meld in better that way. It didn't seem to work. I'll try just putting them on at the end, as the recipe actually calls for, or perhaps using a larger quantity in the future.Great idea for a different twist on baked potatoes. Thanks for sharing this, Susan. And thanks also to those posters who suggested easy ways to slice the potatoes without going straight through. ~ ST"
"I never write reviews but I always read the reviews. I was thinking of serving this as something different on Thanksgiving. I made these potatoes last night as I wanted to try them first. I am surprised that the other ratings are so high. These are just OK. The fans don't get crispy, not that I thought they would be really crispy but I just I expected something different with the texture. My 21 year old daughter said she saw this on Pinterest and that they certainly look much better than they taste. I totally agree. My husband, who eats everything I sit in front of him, said that he thought that a loaded baked potato was much better. I agree. Simply put, these are just OK."
"My family and I absolutely loved this recipe! Next time, I will use a smaller Russet potato as I think they would really compliment a grilled steak fillet mignon dinner!"
"This was delicious, I placed the potato between two bread knives and cut down until the handles so they were not cut all the way."
"These were really yummy!"