Cheese & Herb Potato Fans Recipe
- 8 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons each minced fresh chives, sage and thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°. With a sharp knife, cut each potato into 1/8-in. slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom; fan potatoes slightly and place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix butter, salt and pepper; drizzle over potatoes.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until potatoes are tender. In a small bowl, toss cheeses with herbs; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheese & Herb Potato Fans(7)
Sort By :
I also used Yukon potatoes and left out the sage and thyme, but added cooked crumbled bacon on top. Delicious.
These were very good. A flavorful and attractive change from the standard baked potato. I may try adding garlic next time and wrapping the potato in foil, until the cheese is sprinkled on, to help eliminate the smoking butter.
I tried making these once before, and the potatoes did not fan.. but this time, they did. First, I used a Yukon Gold potato, which is more firm than most, so they held up better. Secondly, I made the cuts just a bit deeper than I did before. Excellent, wonderful, and they are almost a meal in themselves.
This recipe was fun and tasty. I did not use the sage and thyme because my main dish was very flavorful and I didn't want the seasonings to clash. The chives really make this recipe!
These potato were the bomb!!!So easy to make !!!
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Baking Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Cheese Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Potato Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Side Dish Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Subscriber-Exclusive Vegetarian Recipes >