- 8 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons each minced fresh chives, sage and thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°. With a sharp knife, cut each potato into 1/8-in. slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom; fan potatoes slightly and place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix butter, salt and pepper; drizzle over potatoes.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until potatoes are tender. In a small bowl, toss cheeses with herbs; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheese & Herb Potato Fans
Sort By :
Delicious and easy to make. I left out the Parmesan cheese and the herbs, but added sour cream. My family loved this quick side dish!
I made these for Christmas Eve dinner and they were definitely a hit with my family.
These were ok. I think next time I'll use coarse salt for more flavor.
I also used Yukon potatoes and left out the sage and thyme, but added cooked crumbled bacon on top. Delicious.
These were very good. A flavorful and attractive change from the standard baked potato. I may try adding garlic next time and wrapping the potato in foil, until the cheese is sprinkled on, to help eliminate the smoking butter.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Baked Potatoes >
- Cheese Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Christmas Side Dishes >
- Potato Recipes >
- Potato Side Dishes >
- Side Dish Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Taste of Home Magazine Side Dish Recipes >