- 8 medium potatoes
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons each minced fresh chives, sage and thyme
- Preheat oven to 425°. With a sharp knife, cut each potato into 1/8-in. slices, leaving slices attached at the bottom; fan potatoes slightly and place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. In a small bowl, mix butter, salt and pepper; drizzle over potatoes.
- Bake 50-55 minutes or until potatoes are tender. In a small bowl, toss cheeses with herbs; sprinkle over potatoes. Bake about 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Yield: 8 servings.
Reviews for Cheese & Herb Potato Fans
Sort By :
"Awesome! A wooden spoon helps cutting so you don't go all the way through. I cut the salt down to 1/4 tsp."
"These potatoes were the perfect addition to our grilled supper! They were easy to prepare and the flavor was wonderful. I did scale back the recipe to 2 servings for my husband and me, and can't wait to make them again!"
"These are great recipes thank you."
"Place the potatoes on a wooden spoon, to make the cuts for the fan openings, so you don't cut all the way into the potatoes. Makes a very nice presentation, and are delicious."
"I was in a big rush, so I (gasp!) microwaved the potatoes then cut them into fans after they cooled just a bit. I then drizzled them with the butter mixture. I crisped them in the 425 oven for about 25 minutes, and then sprinkled the cheese and herbs over. They were great! I served them with meat stuffed peppers. Next time I will use some Tabasco salt instead of plain salt for a bit of zip. Thank you Susan Curry!!!"