- 4 hoagie buns
- 1 small red onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded fontina cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded aged goat cheese
- 1 cup cubed fully cooked ham
- 1/3 cup roasted sweet red peppers, drained and cut into strips
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon minced fresh thyme or 1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Cut a thin slice off the top of each bun. Hollow out bottoms of buns, leaving a 1/4-in. shell (discard removed bread or save for another use).
- In a small skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Remove from the heat; stir in the cheeses, ham, red peppers, parsley, thyme, salt and pepper.
- Spoon into shells; replace tops. Wrap each sandwich in foil, leaving top open. Place on a baking sheet. Bake at 375° for 10-14 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Cheese & Ham Filled Sandwiches in Country Woman April/May 2012
Reviews for Cheese & Ham Filled Sandwiches
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review