Cheese & Crab Brunch Bake Recipe
Who doesn't love a cheesy seafood casserole that can be pulled together in thirty minutes, popped in the fridge overnight, and ready for its baked up debut the next day? —Joyce Conway, Westerville, Ohio
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 30 min. + chilling Bake: 50 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 English muffins, split
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- 1. Spread mustard over bottom half of muffins. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with crab, lemon juice and peel. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Top with muffin tops; set aside.
- 2. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, milk, mayonnaise, salt, cayenne and pepper. Pour over muffins; sprinkle with Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, onions and peppers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- 3. Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving equals 428 calories, 28 g fat (13 g saturated fat), 286 mg cholesterol, 844 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 26 g protein.
Enjoy this recipe with a sparkling wine.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC