Who doesn't love a cheesy seafood casserole that can be pulled together in thirty minutes, popped in the fridge overnight, and ready for its baked up debut the next day? —Joyce Conway, Westerville, Ohio
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 6 English muffins, split
- 8 ounces lump crabmeat, drained
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons grated lemon peel
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded white cheddar cheese
- 12 eggs
- 1 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded Swiss cheese
- 1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet red pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped sweet yellow pepper
- Spread mustard over bottom half of muffins. Place in a greased 13x9-in. baking dish. Top with crab, lemon juice and peel. Sprinkle with cheddar cheese. Top with muffin tops; set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs, cream, milk, mayonnaise, salt, cayenne and pepper. Pour over muffins; sprinkle with Swiss cheese, Parmesan cheese, onions and peppers. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before baking. Preheat oven to 375°. Cover and bake 30 minutes. Uncover; bake 20-25 minutes longer or until set. Let stand 5 minutes before serving. Yield: 12 servings.
Originally published as Cheese & Crab Brunch Bake in Taste of Home December/January 2012, p35
Reviews for Cheese & Crab Brunch Bake
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review