Cheery Cranberry Nog
Tangy cranberry flavors this frothy foamy beverage that's as refreshing as a yogurt smoothie. It always brings a blush of Christmas to my holiday spreads...and lots of complements from guests of all ages.
12 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Cook: 15 min. + chilling
- 2 cups half-and-half cream
- 6 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cans (11-1/2 ounces each) thawed cranberry juice concentrate, undiluted
- 2 cups water
- In a Dutch oven, combine the half-and-half, eggs and sugar. Cook and
- stir over medium heat until mixture reaches 160° or is thick
- enough to coat the back of a metal spoon. Remove from the heat; cool
- slightly. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Cover and refrigerate
- until chilled. Yield: 3 quarts.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 415 calories, 29 g fat (17 g saturated fat), 208 mg cholesterol, 75 mg sodium, 34 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 6 g protein.