Cheery Cherry Punch Recipe
Whenever I need to quench the thirst of a hungry horde, this is the recipe I reach for. It's a refreshing beverage that nicely complements a variety of meals.—Florence Grewe, Long Prairie, Minnesota
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + freezing YIELD:60 servings
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 to 3 cups sugar
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 can (46 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 gallon cold water
- 2 bottles (2 liters each) ginger ale
- 1. In a stockpot, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in the pineapple juice, concentrates and cold water.
- 2. Transfer to several freezer containers. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight, stirring several times. Just before serving, transfer to a large punch bowl; stir in ginger ale. Yield: 60 (4-ounce) servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 75 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 6 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, trace protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC