Whenever I need to quench the thirst of a hungry horde, this is the recipe I reach for. It's a refreshing beverage that nicely complements a variety of meals.—Florence Grewe, Long Prairie, Minnesota
- 3 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 to 3 cups sugar
- 6 cups boiling water
- 1 can (46 ounces) unsweetened pineapple juice
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 can (12 ounces) frozen lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 1 gallon cold water
- 2 bottles (2 liters each) ginger ale
- In a stockpot, dissolve gelatin and sugar in boiling water. Stir in the pineapple juice, concentrates and cold water.
- Transfer to several freezer containers. Cover and freeze for at least 8 hours or overnight, stirring several times. Just before serving, transfer to a large punch bowl; stir in ginger ale. Yield: 60 (4-ounce) servings.
Originally published as Cheery Cherry Punch in Taste of Home December/January 1996, p54
Reviews for Cheery Cherry Punch
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review