Cheery Cherry Cookies
With a tall glass of ice-cold milk, a couple of cherry cookies really hit the spot for dessert or as a snack. The coconut and bits of cherries provide a fun look and texture.
-Judy Clark, Elkhart, Indiana
48 ServingsPrep: 10 min. Bake: 10 min./batch
- 1 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons 2% milk
- 1 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries, well drained and chopped
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans
- In a large bowl, cream brown sugar and butter until light and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg, milk and vanilla. In another bowl, mix the flour,
- salt and baking soda; gradually beat into creamed mixture. Stir in
- the cherries, coconut and pecans.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 375°
- for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire
- racks to cool. Yield: 4 dozen.
Nutritional Facts: 1 cookie equals 81 calories, 4 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 12 mg cholesterol, 74 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.