Cheery Cherry Compote Recipe
I always get loads of compliments on this sweet, colorful compote with its variety of fruits when I serve it for holiday brunch. It's a quick and easy recipe that only looks like it requires hours to prepare in the kitchen.
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups pitted dried plums
- 1-1/2 cups dried apricots
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- Lemon slices
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, prunes and apricots to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Add pie filling, pineapple and grape juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until fruit is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm; garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1 serving (1/2 cup) equals 211 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13 mg sodium, 51 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 2 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC