Cheery Cherry Compote Recipe
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups pitted dried plums
- 1-1/2 cups dried apricots
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- Lemon slices
- 1. In a large saucepan, bring the water, prunes and apricots to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Add pie filling, pineapple and grape juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until fruit is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm; garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 10-12 servings.
1/2 cup: 211 calories, 0 fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 13mg sodium, 51g carbohydrate (36g sugars, 4g fiber), 2g protein.
Reviews for Cheery Cherry Compote
"I made this for the first time for some friends I had over for brunch and they loved it. It has a great flavor and is really easy and quick to make. And SO good warm!!"