- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups pitted dried plums
- 1-1/2 cups dried apricots
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- Lemon slices
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, prunes and apricots to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Add pie filling, pineapple and grape juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until fruit is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm; garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cheery Cherry Compote in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p12
Reviews for Cheery Cherry Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2011
"I made this for the first time for some friends I had over for brunch and they loved it. It has a great flavor and is really easy and quick to make. And SO good warm!!"