Cheery Cherry Compote Recipe
- 2 packages (3 ounces each) cherry gelatin
- 2 cups boiling water
- 1 package (10 ounces) frozen sweetened sliced strawberries
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, drained
- 1 can (15 ounces) pear halves, drained and cut into chunks
- 3 medium firm bananas, sliced
- 2 medium navel oranges, peeled, sectioned and chopped
- 2 medium tart apples, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup fresh or frozen blackberries, thawed
- In a large bowl, dissolve gelatin in boiling water. Stir in the strawberries until thawed. Stir in the remaining ingredients. Transfer to a 4-qt. serving bowl. Cover and refrigerate for 3-4 hours before serving. Yield: 24 servings.
Reviews for Cheery Cherry Compote(4)
Sort By :
I love this recipe, I don't add the bananas as they get brown when they float to the top and the next day they are gross, I also do the mandarin oranges - one time the oranges were not very sweet and ruined the entire thing. Mandarin is a safe bet, enjoy this is a fantastic recipe that can be used for any gathering.
Wow! This was not only easy, but very impressive! Delicious! Thanks!
I love this recipe, I use it about 6 times a year. I like to make it with mandarin oranges instead of regular ones, and I add two 12 oz bags of frozen mixed berries in place of the strawberries and blackberries. It is really good and makes a ton. My kids love eating the leftovers for breakfast the next day!
I have been a subscriber to Taste of Home since the first issue and this recipe is one of my favorites! It has become a 4th of July favorite. Everytime I make it I add different fruit. I made it today with bluebrries, mango, bananas, pineapple and fresh cherries.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Apple Desserts >
- Apple Recipes >
- Berry Recipes >
- Blackberry Recipes >
- Cherry Recipes >
- Desserts >
- Gelatin Desserts >
- Jello Desserts >
- Jello Gelatin Recipes >
- Potluck Desserts >
- Potluck Recipes >