- 2-1/2 cups water
- 2 cups pitted dried plums
- 1-1/2 cups dried apricots
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1 can (20 ounces) pineapple chunks, undrained
- 1/4 cup white grape juice
- Lemon slices
- In a large saucepan, bring the water, prunes and apricots to a boil; reduce heat. Simmer, uncovered, for 10 minutes. Remove from the heat and let stand for 5 minutes; drain. Add pie filling, pineapple and grape juice; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10 minutes or until fruit is tender. Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve warm; garnish with lemon slices. Yield: 10-12 servings.
Originally published as Cheery Cherry Compote in Country Woman Christmas 1996, p12
Reviews for Cheery Cherry Compote
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 6, 2011
"I made this for the first time for some friends I had over for brunch and they loved it. It has a great flavor and is really easy and quick to make. And SO good warm!!"