- 1 package (16 ounces) hot roll mix
- 1 can (21 ounces) cherry pie filling
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon McCormick® Pure Almond Extract
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup cold butter
- Prepare hot roll mix and knead dough according to package directions. Cover and let rest for 5 minutes.
- Turn onto a lightly floured surface; roll into a 15-in. x 10-in. rectangle. Press dough onto the bottom and up the sides of a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Spread pie filling over dough. Combine the sour cream, egg, sugar and almond extract; drizzle over filling. In small bowl, combine flour and sugar; cut in butter until mixture is crumbly. Sprinkle over filling.
- Bake at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown. Cool on a wire rack. STore in the refrigerator. Yield: 16-20 servings.
Originally published as Cheery Cherry Christmas Bread in Best of Country Breads 2000, p110
Reviews for Cheery Cherry Christmas Bread
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review