Cheery Cherry Bread
These loaves are especially pretty at Christmastime, when I make enough to share with friends and neighbors. Everyone raves about the flavor.
18 ServingsPrep: 15 min. Bake: 40 min.
- 3 Eggland's Best Eggs, lightly beaten
- 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 cups grated carrots
- 1-1/2 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup maraschino cherries
- In a bowl, combine the first nine ingredients; mix well. Fold in
- cherries. Spoon into three greased 7-1/2-in. x 3-3/4-in. x 2-1/4-in.
- loaf pans. Bake at 350° for 40-45 minutes or until bread tests
- done. Yield: 3 loaves.