In Wynot, Nebraska, Penny Reifenrath uses peanut butter, Cheerios and candies to put a tooth-tingling spin on marshmallow-cereal bars. "Whether I take them to picnics or bake sales, I'm always asked for the recipe," she notes.
15 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1 package (10-1/2 ounces) miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup peanut butter
- 5 cups Cheerios
- 1 cup milk chocolate M&M's
- Place butter and marshmallows in a large microwave-safe bowl.
- Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until melted. Stir
- in peanut butter until blended. Add the cereal and M&M's. Spoon into
- a greased 13-in. x 9-in. pan; press down gently. Cool slightly
- before cutting. Yield: 15 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 230 calories, 10 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 171 mg sodium, 33 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.