- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk complete pancake mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine soup, 1/2 cup of milk, onion, cream cheese, celery, carrots, Parmesan cheese and salt. cook and stir until the mixture is hot and cream cheese is melted. Stir in the chicken and broccoli; heat through. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, oil and remaining milk. Add the pancake mix and cheddar cheese; blend well. Spoon over hot chicken mixture. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheddary Chicken Potpie
"Yum. Kids really liked it. I love the addition of the broccoli. I cook the onions and carrots a little first - used finely diced carrots instead of shredded and added more."
"Wonderful but I had to add some potatoes. So I bought some diced hash brown potatoes and added them with the rest of the mixture and I also melted half a stick of butter in the dish then poured it all in there and baked. Simply maaaaavelous!! Thanks!"
"The flavor was good but it turned out a little dry for me. The use of the buttermilk pancake mix was great for the topping. It added a nice flavor and texture to compliment the filling."
"good for weeknights!"
"This is a keeper! It uses many items I have on hand, so it didn't cost much to put together. The pancake mix topping turns into a fluffy biscuit, which makes it a great stick-to-your-ribs, hearty dish!"
"I have been looking for a good pot pie recipe and this is a winner. I used turkey instead of the chicken and cauliflower instead of the broccoli and it turned out very good. I like the fact it is so interchangeable. My family liked this recipe and have requested I keep this one."