This is comforting chicken dish that features a medley of flavorful cheeses. Some days I make it in the morning so I can just pop it in the oven for dinner of have my husband start it baking if I'm not home. —Vicki Raatz, Waterloo, Wisconsin
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 cup milk, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1 package (3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 cups cubed cooked chicken
- 3 cups frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 cup buttermilk complete pancake mix
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds, optional
- In a large saucepan, combine soup, 1/2 cup of milk, onion, cream cheese, celery, carrots, Parmesan cheese and salt. cook and stir until the mixture is hot and cream cheese is melted. Stir in the chicken and broccoli; heat through. Pour into an ungreased 2-qt. baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, combine the egg, oil and remaining milk. Add the pancake mix and cheddar cheese; blend well. Spoon over hot chicken mixture. Sprinkle with almonds if desired. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Cheddary Chicken Potpie in Taste of Home June/July 1994, p33
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
Reviews for Cheddary Chicken Potpie
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review