Cheddar Zucchini Wedges
In Camano Island, Washington, Vevie Clarke stirs together biscuit mix, tender zucchini, cheddar cheese and toasted almonds to create this flavorful round bread. The golden wedges look as appealing as they taste.
6-8 ServingsPrep: 20 min. Bake: 25 min.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large
- bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley, basil, thyme and onion
- mixture. Stir in eggs and milk just until combined. Fold in the
- zucchini, cheese and almonds.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 400° for
- 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes
- out clean. Cool for 1 minute before cutting into wedges. Remove to
- wire rack to cool. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 368 calories, 24 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 111 mg cholesterol, 644 mg sodium,