- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups biscuit/baking mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley, basil, thyme and onion mixture. Stir in eggs and milk just until combined. Fold in the zucchini, cheese and almonds.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 1 minute before cutting into wedges. Remove to wire rack to cool. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Zucchini Wedges in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p46
Reviews for Cheddar Zucchini Wedges
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Aug. 8, 2015
"great recipe, made it tonight, turned out perfect, I only baked it for about 23.5 mins probably could have used even a bit less, would probably add some garlic next time, omitted the almonds too."