Cheddar Zucchini Wedges Recipe
In Camano Island, Washington, Vevie Clarke stirs together biscuit mix, tender zucchini, cheddar cheese and toasted almonds to create this flavorful round bread. The golden wedges look as appealing as they taste.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed
- 2-1/2 cups Bisquick® mix
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1/4 cup 2% milk
- 1-1/2 cups shredded zucchini
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 3/4 cup chopped almonds, toasted
- In a large skillet, saute onion in butter until tender. In a large bowl, combine the biscuit mix, parsley, basil, thyme and onion mixture. Stir in eggs and milk just until combined. Fold in the zucchini, cheese and almonds.
- Transfer to a greased 9-in. round baking pan. Bake at 400° for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 1 minute before cutting into wedges. Remove to wire rack to cool. Yield: 6-8 servings.
Originally published as Cheddar Zucchini Wedges in Quick Cooking September/October 2000, p46
Reviews for Cheddar Zucchini Wedges(2)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Sep. 21, 2013
Yum! We left out the almonds and made it in a 9-inch pie pan. This zucchini bread beats the sweet stuff hands down! Thanks for the awesome recipe!
Reviewed Jun. 1, 2013
excellent! The whole family loved it. This bread goes great with a bowl of soup on a cold winter night.