Cheddar Zucchini Saute
“I got this recipe from my sister-in-law and we just love it," says Greta Igl in Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin. "It tastes wonderful, comes together in minutes and is a great way to use up all our garden zucchini.”
2 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1-1/2 cups chopped zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh basil or 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup chopped tomato
- 1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- In a small skillet, saute the zucchini, onion, basil and garlic
- powder in butter for 4-6 minutes or until vegetables are
- crisp-tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in tomato and cheese. Cook
- over medium heat for 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted. Yield:
- 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 2/3 cup (prepared with reduced-fat butter and reduced-fat cheese) equals 75 calories, 3 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 13 mg cholesterol, 141 mg sodium, 7 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 7 g protein.